The services may contain links to third party platforms. If you use our services on or through a third party platform, including through any wireless device, your privacy will also be subject to the privacy policies and terms of service of the third party platform. We do not control or accept responsibility for the terms of service, privacy policies or practices of any third party platform that you may use to gain access to the services. Therefore you should carefully read the policies and agreements of such third party platforms
- Policy on children
We recognize the interests and need for privacy for children and encourage parents and guardians to play an active role in overseeing online activities and interests of the children under their care. We do not deliberately collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Children under 13 should not use or attempt to use our websites or services. If you are under 13, do not attempt to use our services or send information about you to Whetu. If we notice that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove such information for our posession.
Parents who believe that Whetu may have information about or on a child under the age of 13 may submit a request to email@example.com to request the removal of such information.
- Types of information we can collect
Currently, Whetu does not collect or store credit card numbers. We have partnered with payment providers such as PayPal. All direct payment gateways, such as PayPal, meet PCI-DSS standards, managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint initiative of brands such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the safe handling of credit card information.
Whetu may collect different types of information from or about you, depending on how you use our services. The following examples are provided to help you understand what information we may collect when using our services:
- Information received through your account from a Third Party Platform (herein referred to as TPP)
When you use our services through a TPP, such as Facebook, you grant us permission to access and collect certain information from your profile or TPP account (such as your Facebook or Google account), as permitted by the terms of your agreement and your security settings in the TPP. The information you allow us to access and collect varies depending on the site or service you use, as well as the terms of the TPP and your privacy settings on such a platform. By way of example only, we may access or collect some or all of the following types of information from your account on a TPP when registering to our services or using them, on, or through, TPP:
- Your full name
- Your profile picture or URL
- Your user ID number, which is linked to publicly available information such as your name and your profile picture
- The login email address
- Your physical location and that of your access devices, including any wireless device
- Your gender
- Your date of birth
This information is herein referred to collectively, as “Third Party Platform Information” or “TPP information”.
In addition, you may be able to select a user name. Please note that other people who have access to the services will be able to publicly view your user name. In some cases, it is possible that other people who are not enrolled in the services also see it. We are not responsible for your user name or the way in which third parties may use it. When you sign up for our services, we may assign you a unique identification number (“ID Number”), which may be publicly displayed to other users.
- Information received through your wireless device: push notifications
If you use the services on or through a wireless device, we may, in accordance with the terms of any applicable agreement with the wireless device operator (and as permitted in your privacy settings), collect certain information, such as your unique identifier (a number automatically assigned to your mobile or wireless device), the type of device and operating system, and the information that you choose to provide or share, such as your e-mail address (herein referred to collectively as “mobile device information”).
We do not ask for, obtain access to, or track accurate information about the location of your wireless device.
We can send push notifications to your mobile device to provide updates and other relevant information. You can manage push notifications from the “settings” or “settings” page of the mobile application. In order for you to receive the relevant notifications, we need to collect certain information about your device, such as the type of operating system and the user identification information.
We use mobile analytics software to better understand the functionality of our services on your mobile devices. This software can record certain information, such as frequency of application usage, events generated in the application, aggregated usage, performance data or the location from which the application was downloaded. We do not link the information we collect with the analysis software to any personally identifiable information you submit in the mobile application.
- Information provided directly to us
When you register for the services (including through a TPP), we will collect the information you provide directly, such as:
- Registration information: In order to use certain functions of the services, such as course enrollment functions, you are required to create a user account. When you do, we will collect and store the registration information you share with us, such as your date of birth, age, email address, password and other information, to help confirm your access to your account and better understand who you are (herein referred to as “registration information”).
- Profile information: In some services, you may also have the option of providing additional information about yourself (herein referred to as “profile information”) to create a user profile (herein referred to as “Profile”) that will be publicly available for other people to see . You must act with caution when creating your profile, as this, including your profile information, will be publicly available for other people to see. Whetu is not responsible for the information you provide on your profile or the way other people use it.
You hereby grant Whetu a nonexclusive right and license to reproduce, distribute, publicly represent, offer, market, use and exploit the content submitted and the content shared with us. You hereby also grant Whetu permission to provide registration information or profile information to instructors as part of the course information when you enroll in a course. Instructors may give other uses to course information. By enrolling in a Course, you are responsible for confirming the uses that the instructor will make with your profile and registration information. Whetu does not control these uses and, therefore, is not responsible for the use of information by instructors.
- Payment information
If you make purchases through our services, such as paying for a course, we may collect certain information relating to the purchase (such as your name and zip code) that is necessary to process your order. You will be obliged to provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partners, including, but not limited to, your name, credit card information, billing address and zip code. We do not have direct access to or store or collect your credit card information and will not use the payment information we collect for purposes other than processing your purchase or communicating with you in connection with your transaction.
- Automated collection of technical and user information
We may also use web beacons or other technologies for different reasons, such as to: (i) let us know if a certain page has been visited or if a specific email message has been opened; (ii) allow us to present advertising more efficiently by excluding our users from certain promotional messages or identifying the origin of a new installation.
Whetu uses the following types of cookies:
- We use preferences cookies to remember information about your browser and how you prefer to use our service, in other words, to remember your preferred settings related to our services when you access them, such as your preferred language. As such, the preferences make your interaction with our services more functional and more personalized.
- We use security cookies to allow you to log in and gain access to our service and protect your account from fraudulent logins by others and to detect, combat and protect against abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
- We use functional cookies to improve the experience of using our services, such as to remember the volume to which you prefer to play the videos.
- Session State. We use session cookies to gather information about how you interact with our service and to help us improve the services we offer you, as well as to improve your browsing experience. We also use session cookies to remember your login details and process your purchases. These cookies are considered strictly necessary for the operation of the services. If they are disabled, several functions of our services will cease to be operative.
- Analysis. We use analytics cookies, such as Google Analytics, to better understand how our services are used in order to improve the user’ experience. The generated user data are anonymous and are not linked to personal and identifiable information. You can find more information about Google’s privacy stance related to our analytics service at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
- How we use the information we collect
Whetu may use the information collected for different purposes, mainly related to the provision of services and improvement of their quality. For example, we may use the information collected for the following:
- Provide, manage and facilitate your use of the services, including viewing custom content and targeted advertising;
- Send you communications related to the marketing of our products, including offers, promotions information, newsletters, email campaigns and communications regarding new, improved or existing products, contests or prizes;
- Solve site problems;
- Manage or respond to customer support questions and problems;
- Process or attend to your requests or requests for courses, products, services, information or functions;
- Allow communication and interaction between users and request comments and observations to improve the user experience;
- Manage your account preferences, establish your profile and registration information;
- Supervise the technical functioning of the services and network;
- Develop new or improved products, services and/or offers;
- Provide news and newsletters;
- Create, review, analyze, and share aggregate user information;
- Identify, investigate and protect against actual, potential or threatened uses, unauthorized uses or undesirable uses of the services, including, but not limited to, investigation of complaints made by or about other users or about services and activities that may include Information provided by third-party sources;
- Hosting the services in third parties;
- Analyze the trends and traffic of users;
- Market, process, or carry out promotions administered or sponsored by Whetu;
- Resolve disputes;
- Solve errors and/or problems of the services;
- Track purchases and usage information;
- Communicate with you about your account;
- Ask you to participate in surveys about our services; and
- With the purposes that we, in our sole discretion, determine that they are necessary or obligatory to guarantee the safety and integrity of our users, employees, third parties, members of the public and our services. We also use Your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- When and how we may share or disclose your information to third parties
- Protection, security, cooperation with law enforcement and compliance with legal obligations
- Business partners, service providers, contractors or third party agents
We may share your information with third-party companies that provide services on our behalf, including payment processing, order processing, data analysis, marketing services, email campaigns, hosting services, and customer service. While they provide us with their services, these companies may have access to your personal information and are obliged to use it only in the manner in which we instruct them to in order to provide the services requested. We may also share your information with third-party companies with which we work in order to provide you with certain services in connection with Whetu’s services.
- Transmission, sale, merger or transfer
In the event that Whetu undertakes any kind of business transaction (eg, merger, acquisition, transfer or dissolution, including bankruptcy) or sells all or part of its assets, we reserve the right to share, disclose or transfer all Information of the user, including that of a personal nature, to the organization that is entitled to such a transaction.
With regard to promotions in which the user participates through the services, we reserve the right to share your information, as long as it is to administer, market, sponsor or bring to fruition or as required by applicable laws, rules or regulations (for example, to present lists of winners or relevant statements) or the rules of such promotions or prizes.
If the user accepts that their information be shared with third parties for marketing purposes, we will share their information with the approved third parties, in which case the use of their information will be subject to their respective privacy policies.
- Advertising of third party products or services
Although, at the moment, no advertising appears on the services offered by Whetu, if offered in the future, we reserve the right to employ and share with advertisers (or other third parties) certain technical or joint information that reveals preferences or demographics of our users. We also reserve the right to allow advertisers to collect technical or joint information, which they may share with us, through tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons. The information collected serves to offer and present advertisements that personalize the user’s experience, since they increase the probability that the products and services advertised are of interest to them (practice called behavioral advertising), and to carry out web analysis (i.e. analyze traffic and other user activities to improve your experience).
- Social Media Functions
- How we maintain the security of your information
Whetu takes all reasonable commercial security measures to protect the confidential information that users shares and we collect and store, from access, modification, disclosure or destruction without proper authorization. These security measures include a number of practices (such as keeping confidential information behind protected firewalls, transmitting confidential data introduced in our SSL-enabled services, or performing internal reviews of our platforms and data collection practices), in addition to physical security measures that prevent unauthorized access to the systems where we store the information. Unfortunately, there is no completely secure system, so it is impossible to guarantee that no one will ever be able to gain access to the communication between the user and Whetu, the services or any information collected. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software errors, and other factors carry risks at all times for user information. The password is an important element of our security system and, as such, the user has the responsibility to protect it; therefore, he must refrain from revealing it to anyone. If it is compromised for any reason, it is critical to modify it immediately and to communicate the problem by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Options for the use of your information
As stated, the user has the right to refuse to provide certain information at any time, but, in that case, may be prohibited from using certain features of Whetu’s service. If the user does not wish to receive our promotional communications, you may reject them (i) following the instructions to cancel the subscription contained therein or (ii) managing your email preferences, for which you must log in to your Whetu account, click on “Account Settings” under the “My Profile” button located in the header of the site and navigate to the “Notifications” tab.
Even if communications are rejected or other mail preferences are indicated, we will continue to send certain administrative messages regarding our services, such as confirmations in response to certain requests, important updates of the services, or notices about the policies.
- How we respond to signs of not wanting a following up
Rejecting a follow-up does not usually reflect the real desire of our users, who in many cases aren’t aware that they have activated those web beacons. Therefore, in accordance with US law, Whetu does not respond to the signal. If the user does not want to receive any promotional communications from Whetu, he / she must cancel the subscription following the procedure explained in the previous point.
- How to access and update your information
The user can access his information collected by Whetu and, operating in his own power, update it in the following ways:
- Information received directly from the user. To update the information provided directly to Whetu, log in to your account and update your information.
- Right of access to information. It is also possible to request access to personal data by sending a message to email@example.com or a letter to Attn Privacy / Legal Whetu, LLC to 2918 Hickory St. Alexandria, VA, 22305, USA; a response will be provided within a period of thirty (30) days.
- Procedure to delete an account, and situation after canceling or deleting an account
- Deactivation of accounts
If you need help or you have difficulties to delete the account, the user can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We commit to doing everything possible to answer your request within a period of 24 hours.
- Termination or deletion of an account
The user must know that, even if his account is terminated or deleted, his information, in whole or in part, may be available to others, including the information: a) incorporated into the content, comments, publications or the submissions of other users, as well as the comments of the course; b) copied, stored or disseminated by other users; c) shared or disseminated by the user himself or by others, for example, in public publications; or d) published in third party platforms. The request to remove or terminate an account does not entail the deletion of the information collected and already included in joint data, nor of the information that, in Whetu’s sole discretion, represents an excessive burden on the company. Whetu can’t remove any user data from Third Party Platforms or has any obligation to do so.
- International operations: Note for non-US and non-EU users.
Whetu stores information about who uses and visits services on servers located in the US. Users from outside the US and the EU must know that the general and personal data they transmit are transmitted to servers in the US, or other countries, where they are stored. It is possible that the laws of data protection and other matters of the US or other countries are not as complete as those of the user’s country. By sending your data or using our services, it authorizes the transmission of your data to the US, as well as its storage and processing in that country.
Personal data collected in Switzerland and the European Economic Area (EEA) may be transmitted to a destination outside Switzerland and the EEA for storage there. In addition, the processing of the data in our possession may be carried out by employees working outside Switzerland and the EEA for us, one of our subsidiaries or one of our suppliers. Such personnel may may deal with: a) the processing of operations and payment data, and b) the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data or participating in Whetu courses, the user authorizes the transmission, storage or processing.
- Refund Policy
If you pay for a Course, you can request a refund within 7 days after your payment.
If you pay for a Course when pre-enrolling for a course that isn’t available yet, your 7 days refund period begins on the start date of the first session of the course.
Once you have earned your Course Certificate, you are no longer eligible for a refund, even if you earn your Certificate within the two-week refund period.
Whetu has no obligation to provide refunds or vouchers for any other Services.
- Course Modification
While we take pride in our world-class courses, unexpected events do occur. Whetu reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, or reschedule any course or to modify any course content or the point value or weight of any assignment, quiz, or other assessment.